Monday, October 29, 2007

Chief Executive Officer (CEO)

I attended the 6th MICT (Mindanao Information and Communications Technology) Congress a few days ago. As one of the segments was about to begin, the speaker wanted to have an ice-breaker, since it was still early and the attendees were still few.

The speaker wanted to have all the people present to introduce themselves and a little background. A woman started off saying, "I am ***, CEO of J-com." Then another woman says "I'm ***, CEO of ABC company." By now I was thinking, "hmmm, two CEOs." When the third woman stood up, she said "Hi, I'm *** CEO of Z-company." This time, I was, "Uh-oh, how am I gonna introduce myself?" It's a good thing after the third CEO, things started to go "downhill", there were no more CEOs, just heads of departments.

So, when it was time for my introduction, I said: "I'm Wdoodle of *** company." Ha! Apparently my name is BIG enough that I didn't need any corporate titles. Wdoodle, that name will suffice, thank you very much. :)

(P.s. I didn't put their real company names, obviously.)

No comments: